Manager - Mechanical Engineering
Kansas City, MO
Position manages a team of engineering professionals, including supervisors and individual contributors, in innovative design and delivery of engineered solutions for new and existing equipment in conjunction with customers, parent company, Sales, and Customer Service. Position contributes technically to projects and leads cross-functional teams to deliver reliable product concepts and solutions that meet customer needs. This position will travel up to 40% of the time.
1. Leads and oversees the engineering design and project teams in support of MULTIVAC equipment sales and customer service
2. Ensures machinery designed, manufactured and documented in Kansas City is esthetically and functionally identical to machinery designed, manufactured and documented at parent company
3. Establishes and documents engineering procedures and standards
4. Manages departmental budgets
5. Directs customer contact and travel as required based upon customer and sales requirements
6. Ensures every project is shipped fully inspected with applicable manuals and documentation
7. Establishes and builds effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
8. Plans, organizes, and directs engineering activities to meet manufacturing production schedules
Directly supervises a team. Responsibilities include hiring and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; conducting pay reviews; applying recognition and discipline as appropriate; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and developing associates through coaching, counseling, and mentoring.
Bachelor's degree Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Ten years related experience in the packaging industry.
Previous food processing or packaging industry project management experience preferred.
Solidworks, Microsoft Office Suites. Project Management software.
ERP system and 2D design software required.
SAP experience preferred.